Competitions Organized by Animo Labs
Also known as Animo Tuklas, it was a two-week robotics and prototyping competition funded by the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines, and co-organized by Fab Lab in Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technology and American Corner of The Libraries De La Salle University Manila. It was held last May 14-28, 2019 at De La Salle University Manila.
Participants learned ideation, design thinking, prototyping, 3D printing, robotics, and pitch delivery in the first week of the competition. The second week was for consultation with mentors in developing codes, using of 3D printers and content of their pitch.
Winners of the competition are: SaFyre (an early fire warning device and app), TUPsToGo (protable lab kit for testing physical and chemical soil conditions) and Pamfurr (smart pet feeder).
Held last July 11-12, 2019, the Benilde Alumni Technopreneur (BeAT) Awards celebrated the success of Benilde's graduates who are able to create their startup businesses on their own. This also commemorated the 30th anniversary of DLS-CSB.
The following are awardees of the event:
BeAT Awards Winner: Camille Duque-Albarracin of Everything Green Trading and Consulting
1. UCPB Financial Inclusion: Lucky Lyn Alabado of Discover MNL
2. DLS-CSBAA Alumni Game Changer: Charles Matthew Gosingtian of Hustle Cafe
3. DLSU Animo Labs Choice: Maria Katrina Pajarillo of The After Six Club
4. Powermac Tech for Inclusion: Karen Jane Salutan of Pinoy Indie Film Roadshow
2019 NASA International Space Apps Challenge
The NASA International Space Apps Challenge is a 3-day competition that utilizes NASA's open space data to solve existing problems on Earth and in space. The 3-day competition consist of a boot camp, 24-hr hackathon, pitching, judging and awarding of the chosen teams. The winning teams are nominated to compete to the Global NASA Space Apps Challenge.
The winning teams are: Ocean's 4 (develped Pawikan, a deployable, long-range, semi-autonomous oceanic garbage collection fleet system) and AEDES Project (predictive database that aims to improve public health response against dengue in the Philippines).
NASA Space Apps was held last Oct. 18-20, 2019 at De La Salle University Manila.
2019 Green Archer Innovation Awards
The Green Archer Innovation Awards seeks to recognize innovators and their innovative efforts based on the six transformations to achieve the SDGs. This was conducted during the DITECH Fair last November 21, 2019.
The six category winners are the following:
1. Education, gender and inequality: Pinoy Indie Film Roadshow
2. Health, wellbeing and demography: B.A.D.A.R.B.A.D.
3. Energy decarbonization and sustainable industry: Angelite Solutions
4. Sustainable food, land, water and oceans: Cocoattract
5. Sustainable cities and communities: G-Matrix
6. Digital revolution for sustainable development: North Star